The President of the Catalan Government, Artur Mas presented his ten government action strategies to “fully use the time left in office” until the elections in September. This “Government offensive” which the President spoke of during this morning’s press conference, has the main objective to prepare the country “in the case a mandate from the Catalan population is received”, the President explained, “to establish our own State”. Subsequently, the strategies are aimed so that “those who must implement Catalonia’s statehood will have a large part of the work done for them when the moment arises”, declared Mas.
During the press conference held in the Palau de la Generalitat, the President broke down his ten point programme aimed at “reinforcing the Government’s structures to support strategic projects” which encompass the key areas which have been the focus of the Government’s action in this legislature: employment, economic recovery, social policies and the welfare state, democratic regeneration, transparency, national transition, and the creation of State structures.
According to the Chief Executive, the strategic projects are listed as follows:
- Urgent projects to create jobs
- Innovation policies at the service of Catalan industries and businesses
- A plan for social inclusion and to fight poverty
- A plan to support families and measures to strengthen the welfare state
- A backing of education and culture
- Apply the Law on Transparency, Access to Public Information and Good Governance
- Push the Law for Non-Discrimination
- Executive Plan for the preparation of State structures
- Reinforce and consolidate the Government’s foreign action
- A plan for strategic infrastructures