- The Catalan Government has announced the approval of its new Strategic Plan that will encourage the purchase and use of electric vehicles throughout Catalonia.
- The project, which will begin this year and is set to be completed in 2019, is designed to increase the number of recharging points for electric vehicles sixfold.
- In total more than 21,000 charging stations will be set up across Catalonia to facilitate alternative energy consumption for electric vehicle (EV) drivers and it will also serve to increase the presence of electric cars in Catalan cities.
- The Strategic Plan for the Development of EV Charging Infrastructure (PIRVEC) aims to extend the Catalan charging point network from 4,000 to 21,000 charging points. Catalonia will also offer 81 quick charging points and 360 stations allowing for semi-fast charging in urban networks and leisure
- With the new Strategic Plan, Catalonia intends to ensure the supply of energy to the users of electric vehicles.