- The program ProACCIÓ 4.0 has provided grants of up to €20,000 to 490 Catalan companies to start their processes of diagnosis and implementation of new technologies, such as robotics, additive manufacturing, big data or artificial intelligence
- This Wednesday the grant call for this program opens again; this time they count with a budget of €2.5 millions for direct grants that will benefit 200 new companies
- According to a study from ACCIÓ that was presented this Wednesday, in Catalonia there already are 1,111 companies who provide solutions to the 4.0 industry. This figure has tripled since 2017 with an additional income over €5,500 millions and 26,400 workers implied
A total of 490 Catalan companies have received €6.5 millions during 2020 to start or accelerate their processes in digital transformation. Through the first two calls for the grants called 4.0 Industry Coupons of the ProACCIÓ 4.0 program, those half thousand companies have received direct grants of up to 20,000 euros for the elaboration of digital transformation plans and the implementation of new technologies, such as robotics, additive manufacturing, big data, artificial intelligence, augmented or virtual reality.
Joan Romero, the chief executive officer of ACCIÓ, has informed about these figures this Wednesday during a virtual event with Catalan companies to present the new call for the grants. Romero has announced that this call counts with a budget of €2.5 millions to arrive to more than 200 new Catalan companies, who can already complete the request through this link. The grants have two modalities:
- Grants of up to €8,000 to carry out a diagnosis in order to establish plans for the digital transformation
- Grants of up to €20,000 to implement those plans and the incorporation of new technologies