Catalan animation business returns to MIPTV, the most relevant market for global audiovisual content that starts today, thanks to the Culture Department of the Catalan Government through the internalization brand for Catalan audiovisuals Catalan Films. Therefore, 18 Catalan companies who are dedicated to the sectors of production, distribution, festivals and sales agents have signed up to participate in the market: Adrenalyn Media, Art Mood Entertainment, Brutal Media, Cesca Films, D'Ocon Films, Filmax, KaBoGa art & films, Mediacrest, Motion Pictures, Nuts Idea, Orkestra Studio, Peekaboo Animation, Planet Junior, Serielizaos Fest, Televisió de Catalunya (Catalonia’s public TV), The Mediapro Studio, VisionaTV and ZOOM Igualada. All of them will count with the support of Catalan Films in their effort to find international partners for their projects.
The market that is usually held in Cannes, adopts for second consecutive year an exclusively online format due to Covid-19 pandemics: it takes places from today to the 16th of April and will put together distributors, producers, buyers and program and format editors in a week of meetings scheduled by the organization, networking, workshops, presentations, and conferences.
Catalan Films, who celebrates their 35 anniversary this year, is one of the six official sponsors of the French market, together with 5 more agencies and brands of the international promotion of cinema. This sponsorship contributes to the international visibility of Catalan audiovisuals, facilitates the relevant presence of the latest productions at the MIPTV as well as boosts the task of searching for international partners and the promotion of their projects for the Catalan companies participating in the event.
Moreover, in this 58th edition of the MIPTV, Catalan Films has organized a showcase focused on Catalan animated series, that include the international presentation of five projects to the international industry. The showcase, where the producers of the five series and one representative from Catalan Films will participate, will take place on the 12th of April through the platform Digital MIPTV. The projects selected to participate are:
- The Triplets, a production of Brutal Media. This is a new series that review the adventures of the dearest trio, who have been engaging audiences from all around the world for two decades. Now The Triplets return with the same fresh aspect, but updated and prepared to live new adventures.
- Mironins, produced by Cornelius Films, Walking the Dog, Wuji House and Peekaboo Animation. This is a transmedia project that will make the spectators to dive in the universe of some little creatures that live inside the paintings of Joan Miró and who come out to walk around the Museum of the famous painter when the night falls.
- Agus and monsters, a production of Motion Pictures. This is a series of adventures, comedy and fantasy whose main character is Agus Pianola. His life would be very normal if there weren’t any monsters in his room. Agus shares his secret with Lidia, his good friend, while they try to make his parents believe that the monsters are plush dolls. Obviously, the monsters are far for been simple dolls. Each of them has a specialty (reading, eating, the animals, recycling, the holes, …) and together they act as a real team in which fun and empathy are always present.
- My Little Heroes, produced by Peekaboo Animation, is based on a successful editorial collection that empowers kids from everywhere and shows that, with effort, we can all be heroes.
- Croco Doc, produced by Nuts Ideas, it’s an 2D animation series directed towards preschool public that teaches kids about illnesses and to calmly live the experience of going to the doctor. This series is fun, entertaining, informative, and educative.