The Delegation of the Government of Catalonia to the European Union; the Embassy of Andorra in Belgium; the Centre Balears Europa; the Education, Culture and Sports Department of the Government of Valencia; the Institut Valencià de Cultura; the Espai Valencià a Bèlgica; the City Council of Alghero; the Casal Català de Brussel·les, and the Casal del Conflent are organizing the celebration of Sant Jordi's Day in Brussels next 23 April. The event, which will take place in the Espai Catalunya Europa of the Delegation, will feature stalls selling roses and books by Catalan and Belgian authors, live music, poetry, and a vermouth tasting.
The celebration of 23 April is part of a series of activities organized this year as part of the Sant Jordi Cultural Week in Brussels, which aims to promote Catalan culture and language and strengthen cultural links with Belgium.
Thursday 21 April
- At 7.30 a.m./p.m. - Guillem Roma in concert. With great musical richness, personality, and creativity, the Catalan musician will bring the tracks of his four albums (Oxitocina, Nòmades, Connexions, and Kiribati) closer to the Belgian public (Au Bassin - Quai aux Briques / Baksteenkaai, 74 - Brussels).
Saturday 23 April
- From 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. - Celebration of Sant Jordi's Day at the Espai Catalunya Europa of the Delegation, with stalls of roses and books by Catalan and Belgian authors and live music. (Rue de la Loi / Westraat, 227 - Brussels).
- At 12 noon – Vermutada. Vermouth tasting with the collaboration of the establishment Sota Casa, from Aarschot, and live music by the Samah El Biyar and Daniel Casas Jazz Guitar Duo (Rue de la Loi / Westraat, 227 - Brussels).
- At 4 p.m. – Awards ceremony of the Sant Jordi Short Story Contest (Rue de la Loi / Westraat, 227 - Brussels).
- At 5 p.m. - Claudia Crabuzza in concert. The singer from Alghero released in 2016 her first solo album, Com un soldat, recognized with the La Targa Tenco award as the best album in dialect and minority languages (Rue de la Loi / Westraat, 227 - Brussels).
Sunday 24 April
- From 10 a.m. to 12.30 p.m. - Dance of 'jotes' with Catalan, Valencian and Balearic groups (Place Sainte-Croix / Heilig Kruisplein - Brussels).
- 30 p.m. – Kamishiabi. Paper theater with the Casal del Conflent (GC De Maalbeek - Rue Général Leman / Generaal Lemanstraat, 118 - Brussels).